Welcome to the Writers Club page. Our club provides creative writing classes for children aged between 6-11 years. Our online sessions run on a twice weekly basis, on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-5pm (GMT).
Booking is now available for the Outdoor Summer Writing sessions in the park. Join us at the Pavilion in Wooden Hill, Bracknell every Thursday from 2-3pm and Friday from 11.30am – 12.30pm. Please fill in the booking form below.
What do you want from a Writers Club?
Our club’s objective is to encourage children to find their creative voices, giving them opportunities to develop their language and literacy skills whilst having fun. Interacting with children from around the world who are their own age (or varied ages, depending on numbers) through Google Meet means they get an opportunity to share their ideas and ingenuity with like-minded creatives in a safe environment.
Here is what the Writer’s Club offers:
- Fun online and offline activities
- Weekly Google Meet online sessions for children to work face-to-face with their peers from the comfort of their homes;
- Google classrooms for Monday and Wednesday sessions with updates, new activities and links posted weekly;
- Interactive writing activities that encourage good grammar and punctuation;
- Opportunities to enter external writing competitions; and
- Free copies of selected children’s ebooks from my collection, free activities, puzzles and pictures to print out, all based on my books or the topics covered, and so much more!
Join us on our writing journey by filling in the form below. When making your booking, please include details of your child’s full name, age and any literacy issues that have been flagged so that I may tailor the lessons according to his/her/their ability. Please include which session you would prefer: Monday at 4pm to 5pm or Wednesday 4.00pm to 5.00pm. Payment for sessions should be made in advance. Each session costs £5.00.
Literacy Boosters and 11+ Creative Writing Preparation
The EDS Writers Club also offers one-to-one sessions for children who are struggling with literacy and need a gentle boost in confidence. We work with parents/guardians to find key areas in the child’s learning and tailor sessions to that child’s needs. Progress is monitored to allow adjustments and/or additions as the child progresses.
Each session runs for one hour and costs £10 per child. If you would like further information on what can be offered to help your child, please email me and we can build a learning strategy to increase your child’s confidence in reading and writing. We are here to help them up to the next step in their learning journey.
Bookings for Literacy Boosters and 11+ Creative Writing can be made using the form below.
I look forward to encouraging more creative minds at the Writers Club.