Welcome to the Writers’ Club page. Our club provides creative writing classes for children aged between 6-11 years. Due to Covid-19, our online sessions will be available on a twice weekly basis till the end of the year. The club’s objective is to encourage children to find their creative voices, giving them opportunities to develop their language and literacy skills whilst having fun. Interacting with children from around the world who are their own age (or varied ages, depending on numbers) through Google Meet means they get an opportunity to share their ideas and ingenuity with like-minded creatives in a safe environment.
Here is what the Writer’s Club offers:
- Fun online and offline activities
- Weekly Google Meet online sessions for children to work face-to-face with their peers from the comfort of their homes;
- Google classrooms for Monday and Wednesday sessions with updates, new activities and links posted weekly;
- Interactive writing activities that encourage good grammar and punctuation;
- Opportunities to enter external writing competitions; and
- Free copies of selected children’s ebooks from my collection, free activities, puzzles and pictures to print out, all based on my books or the topics covered, and so much more!
It is a new year with great opportunities to go on adventures that will take us away from the never-ending hum-drum of the every day. Each child has the opportunity to create his/her/their own world where creatures with a thousand wings can fly to the Bear Moon and say hello to an onion ring! Yes, imaginations are unlocked during our sessions and, as long as each writer feels the need to unravel the weird and wonderful, we provide the stimulus and support to create these worlds and make them come to literary life. For the younger students, the mix of arts and crafts blended in with the writing helps to formalise these creatures, offering a portal of exploration that relies on more than words to bring their imagination to life.
Join us on our writing journey by filling in the form below. When making your booking, please include details of your child’s full name, age and any literacy issues that have been flagged so that I may tailor the lessons according to his/her/their ability. Please include which session you would prefer: Monday at 3.45pm to 4.45pm or Wednesday 4.00pm to 5.00pm. Payment for sessions should be made in advance. Each session costs £5.00.
I look forward to encouraging more creative minds at the Writers Club.